newspaper article Ouest France October 11, 2010
is the surprise of the elections next March. In Canton de Pornic, the PS has an activist for 24 years.
Meeting
Sophie de Saint-Amour, 24, sits on the council of Pornic, she is the youngest. It is part of the opposition.
Sophie de Saint-Amour, who are you?
I am a native of Loiret, in Pornic arrival at the age of 6 years. I did my schooling and I am invested in both the council for children in community life, including dance. My family is very interested in painting, I learned the passion for culture, and travel too. Another of my passions is right, I've just completed five years of public law and I will start as a lawyer in a local authority.
Apparently, the policy also your passion?
Yes! I am from a family where one is playing politics for generations, I grew into it. At Pornic, I find myself engaged in a great team, where can speak very freely and there is a real collective effort. This is not true everywhere!
Especially when you're a woman?
This has not been a problem. I've never been put aside because of my age.
Be Councillor opposition is, how?
Very rewarding! This allows you to see and understand in concrete terms how things work. From the outside, it is possible. I also hope bring a little while, yes, being in opposition is not always an easy position. But it is very instructive ...
Your application to the cantonal, it was decided how?
After a long discussion, which lasted four months, with militants of the PS, and Jerome Puybareau team who represented the left last time. For me too, the choice was not easy. Finally, the decision has emerged quite naturally.
Your goal?
Meet people, chat with them, to convey ideas based on what I learned from my studies and my money. And of course, win! The township needs a true relay at the departmental level. We can see nothing but see how the city council of Pornic.
A little nervous anyway?
Like everyone else, a little. But I think I'll quickly go beyond.
Collected by Alain Girard.
0 comments:
Post a Comment